View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about little Max! I hope you can get the little guy better! I hope the breeder will reconsider and help out!
I personally would refund up to purchase price for vet bills and let one keep the puppy! I would also like to say this, puppy buyers also need to pay attention to the contract they sign and if it's not what you would like then find another breeder that has a contract you would be willing to sign! I hope AKC helps but if you signed the contract and it doesn't have anything about refunding money then they may uphold the contract that was signed like it would in a court of law. I personally think the breeder should help in vet bills up to the purchase price because that is what I would do!
I wish you good luck and hope al works out!! Get well soon little Max!

Donna Bird
Thank you, Donna.

You are abolutely right-we do need to pay close attention to the contracts we sign. But, I spoke at great length with this breeder, before my husband and I agreed to make the 1st trip to see the puppies.

I told her, upfront, that I have MS, and how I lost my precious little Kia, suddenly, and so unnecessarily. (She had symptoms just one day, and I called my former Vet, and he said it sounded like she may have an infected tooth, and if she still seemed stuffy in the morning and wasn't eating, to bring her into the Clinic in the morning.) She died in my hands at 6:22 the next morning. I couldn't leave my bedroom for 3 months, my MS progressed. I didn't socialize for 6 months, when I finally agreed to have lunch with my best friend of 42 years.

I told her that I had gotten Kia from Susan Harasim, and Susan's contract was also a replacement puppy, and I had said to Susan, "I could never give a puppy back", and Susan told me, that if Kia ever developed any health issues, and I wanted to keep her, she would help me with her medical bills, and if she died, she would give me another puppy.

Judy said, "I would do the same".

Patti has two girls from Susan, and she died have one tiny girl, Pixie, that died of renal failure, and Patti will tell you, that Susan did help her with Pixies medical bills and gave her another puppy.

So, I took Judy at her word. I never had any reason, to doubt her. I was blessed to have had 3 wonderful Show breeders entrust me with puppies over 30 years. So, I didn't feel I had anything to worry about signing the contract.

Please keep little Max in your prayers. When I cleaned his eyes this morning, with Collyrium, before I put the Tacrolimus drops in his left eye, I saw that his right eye was red with inflammation.

The Ophthamologist at Purdue in West LaFayette, In told our Vet o have us watch his right eye very closely, because it may yet deveop in his right eye.

So, I believe our Vet will do the Schirmer tear test in both his eyes on Tuesday.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!