Thread: Huh???? (rant)
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #21
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhcarter View Post
I see so much of this...
Something is really screwed up with the system that this can continue to happen again and again. I just haven't figured why people think they are "entitled" just because they draw breath. I think many of them never even consider where that money is coming from (YOU AND ME!!!) or if they do, they just don't give a flip. They come to the ER because it is "free" and they don't have to wait for an appointment. They want million dollar workups for chronic issues because they have absolutely no intention whatsoever of paying any bills they might receive. One of my hard working coworkers got her pay garnished (by her employer, OUR hospital, no less!) because she was paying less than the minimum monthly (but WAS paying every single month) and when she asked the billing people about all the other no paying customers, she was essentially told that the hospital doesn't waste money trying to collect on bills they know will never be paid, they just go after the ones they know they can get money from. That pi***d me off so bad, I wanted to lose my mind on those people, but I need my job. It sucks!
That's sad.... I don't understand why hospital ERs have to see people for colds, who go in every other night and rack up bills they don't intend to pay, meanwhile people who need treatment can't get it because its so expensive. And I make too much for any state aid-although I pay in for it, I can't use it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!