View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Default Yet another reverse sneeze question

I have done some searching on the collapsed trachea vs reverse sneezing etc. I've seen quite a number of youtube videos on explanations and just people posting videos of their doggies with the reverse sneeze. To me, this sounds like honking, versus when a CT makes the dogs gag a lot and hack and whatnot.

Lolli does this honking, it's like she gasps through her nose and it makes a honk noise, and you really get a sense of it being dry in there. She doesn't do this until about this time of year but she's kinda been doing it a lot, 3 times in the last 2 days and I've never seen her like this. We are from FL so we don't get much dry weather, maybe a couple weeks out of the year there. But up here in GA it's started already and though it will get warm again, we'll still continue to get dryer colder weather.

I'm wondering what can I do to help this? Would a humidifier help do you think? She gets so freaked out by these episodes and they only really last about a minute or less but it just kinda seems excessive at the moment. It is just at the same time as this really big cold snap here, from 70s to 36 this morning. I just want to help her be comfortable!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!