View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginas_babys View Post
Welcome..so sorry your first post has to be this one, please donīt take offense to the awnsers you may get

Jerry is double her size and that makes a huge difference.Itīs deffinately not a minor thing.
I would seek the advice of your vet ASAP.The chances of her needing a C-section are high in this case scenario, and thatīs just asuming that she carries her pups to full term with no complications due to their size.

This is what worries me the most.With an accidental breeding, you donīt have dates, without dates you donīt have a due date, and without a due date, you wont know if your dog has passed the 64 day mark which could put her life and the life of the pups in danger..especially since her pups could be on the larger side.
Dates are important even when the breeding is planned, so you can imagine how worrying your situation is.How far along (more or less) is Ginger?

Donīt prepare anything until youīve talked to your vet.From there, youīll know what to do
Example - Take care of her after an emergency spay or prepare her for a possible c-section.
I wouldent venture into this particular experience just with the advice a handful of people on a forum give you weather they are experienced breeders or not.You need someone to actually examine Ginger.You really need to get her to a vet and make a desicion based on what he tells you

Concerned? No.But if Ginger ends up not having an emergency spay, I do think you should have him spayed to prevent this happening again

Youīre welcome! Again, please donīt take offense to any of the awnsers If you want to talk to someone you feel more comfortable with, I would seriously advise you to talk to your vet and go over this with him/her
Certain things you read will no doubt scare the bejesus out of you and when that happens, we tend to cover our eyes, so talking to someone you know face to face will be alot easier for you and youīll find it easier to make a decision.

Good luck!
I don't really understand why you think that your opinion is the only valid one which is what I suspect or you wouldn't have disclaimers and warnings about other opinions all over your post. Why not just post your opinion and be done with it? I have seen this in other threads. Just let it go and the OPs of these threads will be less affected by the conflict that seems to linger amongst some of our members.

As for scaring the "bejeesus" out of someone, I respectfully disagree with you. Whether a person closes their eyes because they don't want to know the truth or whether they are opened is their personal choice. Not everyone covers their eyes!!! I have seen people change their minds on this forum so I believe it needs to be said and I am not about to critique the messengers. Breeding is not a simple thing and it becomes a disaster quickly in cases like this one that is being presented. Oh, sure, it is good to get the opinion of a vet...BUT I think that the wealth of knowledge that people on this forum have is worth a LOT when it comes to disaster breedings.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!