View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Ginas_babys
BANNED!

Welcome..so sorry your first post has to be this one, please donīt take offense to the awnsers you may get

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce87i View Post
INITIAL QUESTIONS:

What are the odds that there will be complications?
Is it possible for her to give a natural birth without a C-section?
Is the size difference a big deal, or just a minor thing?
Jerry is double her size and that makes a huge difference.Itīs deffinately not a minor thing.
I would seek the advice of your vet ASAP.The chances of her needing a C-section are high in this case scenario, and thatīs just asuming that she carries her pups to full term with no complications due to their size.

Quote:
We don't know the exact date of conception.. only within a week.
What is the best way to judge when she will be giving birth?
This is what worries me the most.With an accidental breeding, you donīt have dates, without dates you donīt have a due date, and without a due date, you wont know if your dog has passed the 64 day mark which could put her life and the life of the pups in danger..especially since her pups could be on the larger side.
Dates are important even when the breeding is planned, so you can imagine how worrying your situation is.How far along (more or less) is Ginger?

Quote:
What kind of special preparations should I make?
Donīt prepare anything until youīve talked to your vet.From there, youīll know what to do
Example - Take care of her after an emergency spay or prepare her for a possible c-section.
I wouldent venture into this particular experience just with the advice a handful of people on a forum give you weather they are experienced breeders or not.You need someone to actually examine Ginger.You really need to get her to a vet and make a desicion based on what he tells you

Quote:
Should I be concerned about my male dog?
Like should I keep him separated, or anything special?
Concerned? No.But if Ginger ends up not having an emergency spay, I do think you should have him spayed to prevent this happening again

Quote:
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP!
Youīre welcome! Again, please donīt take offense to any of the awnsers If you want to talk to someone you feel more comfortable with, I would seriously advise you to talk to your vet and go over this with him/her
Certain things you read will no doubt scare the bejesus out of you and when that happens, we tend to cover our eyes, so talking to someone you know face to face will be alot easier for you and youīll find it easier to make a decision.

Good luck!
Ginas_babys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!