Thread: I am scared...
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #14
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Welcome

Good advice!
Keep reading reading reading ....there are all kinds of excellant advice here from many people who are experts with yorkies....

Me? I can only say what I know. And I am right in there asking questions too.
Before I found this site I was told 6 weeks was the age to get a baby and 8 weeks was the timeframe now.....I wanted to leave her with her momma for 12 weeks but the breeder said the momma disconnected herself with the litter and she needs a new nurturer....???!! To come and get her......

Soooooooooooo go slow , be gentle , because everything the little thing has ever known has been taken away and all is new and frightening in this big noisy world.
She will notice every sound there is in your environment. If she acts concerned about it hold her and say "it's ok, it's ok" cause I still do that after having Zoey 3 months. And they learn to know that nothing will "get them ", with your touch and comforting words of association. You are her human.
Even your refrigerator kicking on and off is noticed....

I took my Zoey to pet smart as soon as the vet said it was ok and that is after their shots of course but boy does that help! Teaches YOU how to live with your pet and learn basic commands.Very helpful . They are very smart very young...
Good luck to you!
Zoey Zendaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!