Thread: I am scared...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
buffy512
YT 500 Club Member

Ok well. Whats done is done. As Im sure you now know its best to keep a pup with its mama until 12 weeks of age. So the taking the pup outside has nothing to do with the 12weeks. Thats seperate. We recommend to not expose your pet to anywhere which parvo and other like diseases and such can be. Meaning wait until 2 weeks after their last shot. Which is typically around 15 or 16 weeeks. This may also vary. Best to confirm with your vet. If you have been in your house for a while say around 5 plus years. Taking your new pet in the yard should be okay. From what I have been told. I believe parvo can nest in ground for up to 10 to 15 years. Sorry for inproper terminology. I would look into it for sure. If you live in an apt. Or something in which another non vaccinated dog or pets may come across. I personally would look into pee pad training.

As far as getting your pup on a schedule and starting training early. Go for it. I will start training from day 1. Im big on training my pets. Please ask for help or if you have any questions at any time. Thats what we are here for. We want your pup to be happy and healthy just as much as you do!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!