View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
cutiepatootiexx
Yorkie Yakker

Mai Tai was exactly like that at 3 months. She would just sit and refuse to budge. If I tried to coax her into moving she would plant her butt more firmly and use her strength to prevent the leash from moving her. She would also take hold of the leash and growl and bite at it.

For some strange reason... my friend who has a 11 year old Doxie/Black Lab mix and a 6 year old Shi Tzu/Maltese mix walked my dog when she turned 4 months old. I don't know how or why but she walked like a pro on the leash the moment my friend walked her! Ever since my friend walked her I have absolutely no problems with Mai Tai. She fights with me when I put the harness on but when she realizes we are going outside for a walk she gets so excited and is on her best behavior. I don't know how to explain it but it is a joy walking her now- I try to do it everyday.

I was thinking at 3 months, she didn't get all her shots yet so I avoided taking her outside and therefore put the leash on her indoors. At 4 months she was fully vaccinated and I freely took her outside. I'm thinking if you are trying to leash train your puppy indoors that may be why it's so difficult? Maybe if you take your puppy outside they will forget about the leash and get excited about exploring the outdoors with you? Just a thought!
cutiepatootiexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!