View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #79
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Show me the regulations covering appeal procedures, and where-in are the regulations that a vet can give a waiver?

Safe is per AWA or USDA kennel licensing requirements. ie; all the home must be able to be sanitized for example. So do you sanitize your home from top to bottom as a pet owner?
Do you have a copy of the actual regulations? I don't. I said I was guessing on that, they can give a waiver on rabies vaccine, so I'm guessing they can give a waiver on whether a dog can be safely spayed. How would the APHIS know otherwise? Let's not panic until we know for sure. You talk about having your home sanitized, I think it's probably important that the primary area the dogs are in can be sanitized, what if there was an outbreak of parvo? Again, we're talking of someone who has more than four females and who don't want to sell face to face. Many people have crates for their dogs, xpens, and some even have rooms, all which can be easily sanitized.

If you have any questions, here someone you can email. ace@aphis.usda.gov>. I had nothing to do with this law, I urged breeders to get involved and have a dialogue, but really, it doesn't seem like anyone understands that there's a serious problem. How can people who loved dogs turn a blind eye to their suffering? This will help thousands of dogs who come from kennels with no oversight. The law has passed, is it perfect, no, but what law is? I just would hate to see good dedicated breeders stop breeding because they think this law will effect them so seriously, and that's why I don't want anyone spreading misinformation, including me.

I feel so badly about this, I respect and admire many of you, and I feel like you are all so angry at me.

Join today and remove this ad!