View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #72
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I need to read the actual regulation instead of this Q and A stuff made to look like lollipops and sunshine.

Large rescues can easily have more than four unspayed females at a time. A lot of rescued animals are sick and can't immediately be spay. Also, as said above breeders have unspayed females around that they do not hreed. If the USDA so decides, they will be considered breeding females. Additionally, so what if a hreeder wants their females to live out their lives unspayed after retirement. That is their business. Even the veterinary organization specializing in repro belevethere are too many cons relating o spaying to orce it on owners.

I'm for rules, animal welfare, and non hoarding rescues. I hyst do not see this as a good starting place.

The kennel requirements are hard to find, but at a minumum there is fertain flooring needed, barriers, etc. So even if a separate kennel is not required breeders will be out a lot of money to convert their houses as will rescues.
If they are sick and can't be spayed it would be covered in "illness". Also, if they are really that large they do have to have some type of regulations to insure that the animals are being property cared for. What is so horrible about them having to register? If they don't want their animals spayed and they have more than 4 unsprayed females, then meet their clients in person and don't send sight unseen over the internet. So many people are against this, I'd like to know, what is a good starting place?

Join today and remove this ad!