View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #59
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
While you animal rights sympathizers are all puffed up with pride at having seen yet another piece of anti-breeder regulation added to the maze of rules that already had the vigilantes running roughshod over us, we are scaling back our breeding programs, lawyering up and making our contingency plans for when the "authorities" come around looking for any little excuse to take our dogs away.

For those of you who get on here and preach how a puppy buyer MUST visit a breeder's home and see the "facility" with their own eyes, well, good luck with that! How eager do you think I am to give out my address to anyone? People conducting a raid don't necessarily show up with a search warrant, and they do lie at the door to gain entry. I CAN PROVE THAT!!

Have you noticed a drop in show entries? I need to use a handler but get sick at the thought of sending my dog away where he/she may be less safe than here. Gun toting "authorities" raided a big cat show in RI last spring, scaring daylights out of the people there, including children.

The need to protect myself and my dogs will be reflected in my puppy prices and availability, or lack thereof. Anyone thinking they'll be wanting a well bred Yorkie should start saving up.

Have a nice day!
Out of the context of the news regulations, which I am not in favor of . . . I sympathize with your position as a breeder, but how is a pet mom like me supposed to identify a good breeder? If I were looking for a Yorkie puppy for the first time, what would you advise me to do?

I found Max & Teddy's breeder's website on the internet. The pictures of her dogs being shown (by her and a handler) gave me more confidence that she was a good breeder. Also gave me more confidence about visiting her home. It is just as scary to go to a stranger's home (especially carrying a large amount of cash) as it is to have strangers come to your home. If I were in your position, I would probably ask for verifiable information like place of employment.

Seeing the breeding pair also gave me more confidence about choosing my puppy.

As for price . . . yes, there will always be people who are unhappy with the price.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!