View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Dawn, wow, your poor babies! And you too, having to watch it! Allergies are just miserable to watch and you feel so helpless. I'm SO happy that you've found some solutions, and I know the relief you feel.

Sure, steroids aren't the best med in the world to be on long term, however, it sounds to me like for one dog, it's absolutely necessary (AID) and for the other, it will only be used seasonally (good thing!). It sounds like for Brandi, she will have to be on them forever, is that right?

For Quincy though, you may want to think about Atopica...he can start this med even if/when he is on steroids, so that means you can ramp up the Atopica (which takes about 6 wks) while he's still getting relief w/ the steroids. Another med to consider is Temaril-P which has a bit less steroid in it, and also contains an antihistamine...so it is probably slightly less strong than his current steroid. The good news for Quincy is that his allergies are seasonal, so even if you must use steroids, it's only for a while. If you do decide to try Atopica now, or next year, just remember that you want to ramp UP before the pollens start getting worse.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!