View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #30
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post

I’m really confused the breeders here are so against this law, most good breeders want to meet the prospective buyer in person and don’t mind if the buyer wants to inspect the breeding conditions or “kennels.” This law only applies to you if you meet TWO conditions, one you have over four breeding females, and two if you sell you dogs sight unseen. For those breeders who don’t want buyers in their home, you can even meet at another location, but I would discourage buyers form buying from this type of breeder, since the whole purpose is to make sure you’re not buying from a breeder who keeps the dogs in inhumane conditions. If you want more than four female breeding dogs, meet the buyers in person. I really think some of you have blown the impact of this law on your breeding programs way out of proportion. Basically, the buyer must see the dog before purchase, how is this so bad?
I too don't understand why anyone would be against this. Granted, I don't understand breeding but there are so many animals out there, why does anyone need more than 4 females? We have such an over population of pets and more people are breeding.

I know people have said that they don't breed to make money that they barely break even but I call bullish*t on that. People breed to SELL puppies. It's gotten out of control. If they limited breeders to one or two litters a year, would we run out of pets? I think not.

I could never be a breeder, I don't understand taking a family member, making them have babies then selling those babies to people you don't know. However, I have seen such a large percentage of badly bred animals and animal shelters full of unwanted animals that I just don't get the *need* for anyone to breed.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!