View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
JANICE C
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Oh boy do I know where your coming from. 5 years ago when I was getting my Sheltie about 2 weeks before before I was to bring her home the Breeder called and told me the puppy had a number 1 heart murmur. (I was so scared) Now I had been waiting listing over 2 years and as soon as the pups were born we were third on the list to have the pick of the liter. We choose our her little girl. I had put down a deposit on her saw pictures of her the day she was born,then weekly and even the day she opened her eyes. My Breeder who I trusted said she would refund my money and that I could pick another pup at a later time. She also told me #1 murmurs for the most part heal themselves and that she thought the pup would be fine. But again it was my choice and the price was the same. Well the choice was to take her home. My husband and I went back and forth and decided because we waited so long it was like our child and if our child was sick wouldn't we still want and take her home. (Up date a year later after getting her our Sheltie. She had no signs of the heart murmur.) Our case was a little different than yours. But if you really want this pup, trust your breeder, have a health guarantee and can take the pup to your vet within a certain time to be checked after you bring him home. I would say to let the pup stay with breeder a little while longer to make sure he's fine and get rechecked by her vet. It sounds like your breeder is an honest person and has the pup's best interest at heart. It really is a hard choice.
JANICE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!