View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #30
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
I almost agree with you Zowie and Bronx were raised in a beautiful kennel and have 'wonderful' personalities! Their pups (raised by me) took their great temperament, but I handled them sooooo much as babies and they are even better, especially with brushing. I just think that without kennels, puppies would be so expensive, we could never have afforded one. They actually keep the prices affordable; and they are the ones to keep the lines pure. To raise them well, they must have a great love of their breed and animals in general. Plus, when I decided I could not get rid of my puppies; a friend who raises chi's told me, you just can't play with the puppies and get so attached to them. So I am not sure that is better. Either way, I think the owners/breeders are the ones that make the difference in YOUR puppy - giving them the best start! Even having one litter is a lot of work, 4-5 months hard labor for someone.
I realized I need to clarify my feeling about kennels, I don't wnat to buy from a "commercial" kennel. Hope that makes more sense.

Laura, I'm curious, what do you mean by kennels keep prices affordable and keep lines pure? I'm confused, not sure I understand.

One of my girls came from a private home, where the owner just owned the Dam. This girl is so well-adjusted. My other girl came from a larger breeder, and is very "needy".
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!