View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Rasta's barely 2#'s and he's healthy...feisty too lol. Alot of the things people hear about smaller pups being unhealthy is "hype" you can get a perfectly healthy small yorkie from healthy parents. I wouldn't necessarily buy a small pup from tiny parents (both 4lbs and under). But I would from healthy parents with good weight on them and with the proper genetic testing done. . There are unhealthy "tinies" just as there are unhealthy bigger yorkies. The tinies that are unhealthy just don't seem to have the same resistance to certain illnesses than their bigger counterparts. 6#'s is still pretty small(I admit I wanted a small dog since I'm not that big myself lol). If your torn, is there anyway you can wait until they're a little older to make your decision(if they come from the same breeder she/he may just ask for a larger deposit up front)? If they're older around 8 weeks you'll be able to see more of their personalities and put size on the back burner and let their attitudes be the deciding factor.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!