View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
smithj1000
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes!! But, Lexi was the opposite. She always pooped on her pad, but peed elsewhere. She was 100% potty trained before the spay. A couple of days after is when it started. She was eating and then went in the opposite direction of her pad and pottied on the carpet. She has never pottied on the carpet. Then, downstairs she was standing right next to the pad, ran far away at full speed and pottied on the area rug. She was looking directly in my eyes when she did it. She only did this when I was home. When I was at work she went on her pad just fine. I really think she was mad at me for putting her through the spay. She always made sure I was looking at her when she did it. I would have thought that her bladder was a little weak from the spay, but she was usually close to her pad then she'd shoot off in the opposite direction farther away that she initially was from the pad.

So, after I gathered my wits, I went back to praising/treating. After the first praise/treat she was back in order, 100 percent. Thank God! But, I kept the praise/treat going for a week or so just to be sure.

I'm glad Bella is feeling better and I hope she gets back on track real soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!