View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
suki's grandma
No Longer a Member

That is a great idea about confining to one room. Our kitchen is too open---there are no regular sized doorways in the kitchen to put a gate up. The laundry room has a "dutch door" but I would almost feel bad keeping her in there while the family is home, because she would be isolated from the family. We have a baby gate in the front living room and that is where her "stuff" is. The only bad thing about that is the room is carpeted and she isn't really completely potty trained yet. (we are still working on this but she is strond willed)

Last nite after she leapt from the playpen to my daughter's bed, she got really wired and we were having a difficult time calming her down. I guess she was so excited about her new trick! Anyway, against my wishes, my daughter put her in bed w/her "just to calm her down" and then was going to put her in the playpen when she was sleepy. Well, they both fell asleep and Suki never made it back to her playpen. In the morning we were all thrilled to see that Suki hadn't wet the bed---she held it all nite and promptly went on the potty pad next to her playpen. Good girl! We are trying this again tonite, but don't you know it may not end up so positive! We'll hope!

And by the way, Suki got her first grooming (hair cut) today and when I picked her up, she looked like a schnauzer--we told her she was an imposter all along! A schnauzer dressed up to look like a yorkie! She just looked at us like we were nuts!

I am loving this little dog!

Gail
suki's grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!