View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Holly_Wood
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New Puppy owner introcuding myself

Hi there ...

I ran across this forum while searching for tips on puppy care and glad I found it .. lots of useful information already ...

So a little about my little munchkin .. she is a Biewer Yorkie (or Biewer Terrier to be "politically correct") She was born on the 22nd may and she came into the house on the 1st of Aug .. I've lost track of how many weeks she is but the 22nd of this month she's 3 months old ... she's an absolute fire cracker and has adapted like a fish in water to our house. She's eating well and we've got her pottying on pee pads in the bath room 95% of the time. She gets a little training treat if she gets it on the pad but nothing for the floor and she's getting it for the most part .. she has at least worked out that the bathroom is the place to go and would rather have her make a mistake in there than the carpet in the living room (we live in a pretty small apartment)

She had her first vet check up (with us as the owner) and was given a big big thumbs up health wise and progress growth wise...

Her name is Holly (my last name is Wood so put the 2 names together) and she was a present from my wife and friends as a "Your alive present" .. I survived a massive heart attack on the 14th July my heart has stopped pumping on its own for 20 mins and in theory should not be here .. the doctors are calling it a miracle .... so Holly is my little angel
We have a black lab in the household that my wife owned before I was on the scene ... I always called her Forest Gump as she's a little on the slow side now I call her Forest Grump as she has pretty much growled and snapped at Holly for the past 3 weeks ... unfortunately she has not been socialized with other dogs and used to having her mom spoil her ... Fortunately Holly takes it all in her stride and just keeps trying and trying to make friends with here ... she's jump on her back when she's not watching maybe in time she'll accept the little one .. I'm a big believer in socialization with other dogs and organize as many play dates as possible with her .. once all her shots are complete I'll be taking her to dog parks to socialize with supervision of course .... Holly is already playing fetch really really well and giving the rope toy to me most times I ask for it ... she's a little brat as well and sometimes charges around the apartment a million miles an hour because she knows I want it :-)

On a side note I was a joint owner of a Gold and Blue Yorkie with my then girlfriend I was so close to that little fluff bucket that I had joint ownership after we broke up (sounds crazy I know) .. in 2011 she started having epileptic fits that were very very violent ... it turned out she had a tumor on her brain .. operating was out of the picture as her little skull was to small for her to survive drilling the get to the tumor .. she was on meds for a month or so but we had to come to the hard and gut retching decision to put her down... (still get choked up thinking about it) ... Her name was Zadie ...

Here is a song I wrote (very rough) with picture slide show if you are interested

Here's a little video of Holly Zadie Wood (her full name) playing with a pigs ear

ok I've written way to much .. I don't usually rave on this much I promise :-)

cheers

Stu...

An
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!