View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have Insurance and wouldn't be without it. The key to Insurance, is enroll when they are young. I enrolled Taycie when she was 5 months old. I have 0 preexisting conditions.

Not everyone wants a policy like I have. I went through Trupanion. I wanted something that covers the big expensive scary things. I also needed bang for my buck as I am on a fixed income. In the few short 3 years I have payed in around $1500. My premiums have been different depending on the year... However, I have gotten back $6,000 and counting.

There simply would be no way for me to have that kind of money for catastrophic vet care. But, because I want the best for her, and the best vet care possible I went with Insurance. I also could not put that amount on a Credit Card and pay it off in a decent time, or have a savings account replenished in a timely manner, and hope that nothing horrible happens in the meantime. It also can be very expensive to maintain a dog with an illness...

Vet costs add up. QUICK.. In October last year was when I was very glad I had it. Taycie was VERY sick.. between numerous trips to the vet, ER vet, Hospitalization stay, feeding tube placement, exploratory surgery.. Her grand total was $4710.66. This happened in 1 month! Say I had been putting aside $50 a month from the time I decided to enroll her I would only have roughly around $1200 saved if I was lucky enough I never touched it. That's not even close.

For us Insurance has been great, and not a waste of money. It's payed for itself and will continue too. Best thing I ever did. I will not own a dog without it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!