View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut Mom View Post
Maybe it's a CA thing, lol. We get ignored/snubbed by other yorkie owners all the time. It's so weird. It seems more like ignored, actually. I'm always excited to see other yorkies, but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual much of the time,or the doggy parents don't notice us. I don't take it personally...usually, though I did at first. I do realize I'm totally yorkie-obsessed and not everyone feels the same way (silly them).

I hadn't noticed a particular type that snubs us, but there are a lot of tiny yorkies around and I usually have P-nut the 10.5 lb. teapot with me when snubbed. So, we may be facing size discrimination in our area.
How could anyone ignore Peanut and Pickles? They are an eye-catching duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresiana View Post
NYC loves their Yorkies We don't get snubbed. It's the exact opposite. When I'm with one (or more) of mine, people will come up to me & start telling me all about their Yorkie - even if they don't have their pup with them. I've had 30 minute conversations with people in parking lots. It's actually a little uncomfortable sometimes. We know all of the Yorkie owners along our walk route & it's sort of required to stop and have a quick converstion if they happen to be outside.
Outdoors, I usually have my guard up relative to strangers rushing up to talk to me. It takes me a few minutes to process what they want because they are always so excited. I inevitably forget to tell them about YT. One of the funniest encounters was with an SUV that roared off the main road and straight up to us in a parking lot. The tinted window rolled down and a very nice couple held up their cutie boy to show me. They were both talking so fast, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemple2 View Post
Winston is the one doing the snubbing here. He just ignores people and other dogs, he'll walk around them and keep going. I don't know why, he just seems stuck-up to me. If I stop to chat with someone, he'll just look away totally oblivious to anyone around him.
I've never had anyone intentionally snub us, maybe it's being from a small town, I don't know, they all seem very open to us...if Winston would just be nice....
Winston! Max is like that with a couple of neighbors who are not nice people. They aren't even worth his bark. He rolls his eyes.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!