View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldyrev1 View Post
Hi YT Family,
Sorry to have been MIA for a while. So many things happening I'm afraid I have lost track of everyone, including myself. LOL

We (Hansel, Princess Sophie, and I) are on a road trip. Currently in Cedar Falls, IA. Yippy! We are taking some time to visit our daughters. Our oldest DD lives here and we will get to be with her and her DH till Sunday afternoon, then we pack up again and head toward Minneapolis, MN where we will visit our youngest daughter. The drive time yesterday was long but well worth it.

My problem, or should I say my dog's problem is that yesterday when petting Sophie, I noticed something sticky on her bottom. Yikes!! Upon taking a closer look, I pulled a long almost white (partly covered in poo) flat string out of her bottom. We have worms! Ugh!! I was googling online and I think it's tape worms.

Now my worry is (besides for my own dogs)...my daughter has cats. They are hiding in the 2nd bedroom while we are here. I know both my dogs will have to be treated for worms but will her cats need to be treated as well? If they do, I want to pay for it.

Also, do I need to find a vet locally and have my dogs treated asap or (and I know this really sounds bad) but can my dogs wait till we get bak home (next thursday) to go to our vet to be treated for this. I just hate the thought that my dogs are having to deal with this and I know some of these types of things can make them really ill. Can someone offer some advice on how to handle all of this??

Thanks so much!!
I wondered what happened to you, figured you were on summer vacation!

You my friend are very brave, I myself would have fainted upon such discovery...upon waking up I would have called my mother hysterically shouting about worms taking over the planet...once I got my wits about me, I would have grabbed all three and herded them to the car for a ride to the emergency vet and paid bucu bucks to rid them of the plague that I'm sure everyone I know that's been near my babies conspired and bestowed them with such infestation...I would have then sterilized every surface and every material they came in contact with. After completing this I would have called Yorkiemom1 to find out if I did it right and then I would have come to YT to warn all YTers of my terrible fate...completely exhausted I would ten collapse in bed and have nightmares about said worms repopulating inside my little pups...woken up screaming and starting the procedure all over....hehehehe
I'm funny like that!

I'm sure it will be fine until you get home but maybe a call to the vet just to make sure? ewwww I hate the animal things that can happen to our babies!

Hope your having fun and relaxing a little...they will be fine, according to YT!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!