View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Omg How on Earth did THAT happen???

Hi YT Family,
Sorry to have been MIA for a while. So many things happening I'm afraid I have lost track of everyone, including myself. LOL

We (Hansel, Princess Sophie, and I) are on a road trip. Currently in Cedar Falls, IA. Yippy! We are taking some time to visit our daughters. Our oldest DD lives here and we will get to be with her and her DH till Sunday afternoon, then we pack up again and head toward Minneapolis, MN where we will visit our youngest daughter. The drive time yesterday was long but well worth it.

My problem, or should I say my dog's problem is that yesterday when petting Sophie, I noticed something sticky on her bottom. Yikes!! Upon taking a closer look, I pulled a long almost white (partly covered in poo) flat string out of her bottom. We have worms! Ugh!! I was googling online and I think it's tape worms.

Now my worry is (besides for my own dogs)...my daughter has cats. They are hiding in the 2nd bedroom while we are here. I know both my dogs will have to be treated for worms but will her cats need to be treated as well? If they do, I want to pay for it.

Also, do I need to find a vet locally and have my dogs treated asap or (and I know this really sounds bad) but can my dogs wait till we get bak home (next thursday) to go to our vet to be treated for this. I just hate the thought that my dogs are having to deal with this and I know some of these types of things can make them really ill. Can someone offer some advice on how to handle all of this??

Thanks so much!!

Last edited by Ldyrev1; 07-06-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Ldyrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!