View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

The name you select for your website is very important. It is one of the things that search engine "spiders" use when rating your site. Ultimately, you want your site to be in the top 10 when you go to google. If, for instance you are going to specialize in clothes for small dogs, then, when you go to google search engine and type in "small dog clothes" you want your site to appear somewhere on the first page of "hits". I mention that because part of the criteria used in determining your site's placement is the relevance of the name to the site's content. So, your name should be short, sweet and simple, easy to type and remember AND it should have a direct correspondence to the information contained within the pages of your site. The more often you are able to use your site name in your page code and it have relevance to the content of the page the better you will place, and be absolutely positive that you include your site's name within the first 10 words of your meta file.

Sorry, I took a couple of classes in developing a website and how to promote your website and those were some of the biggies. I don't have any name suggestions, but I do wish you well.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!