View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
BWRTerrierFan
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
These ARE all Yorkies....Bottom line is Mr.Biewer had to have his Yorkies with their new color pattern (Biewers) registered in a separate registery as a different breed, so they COULD be registered, and shown, and not considered a fault by the AKC. He wanted his beautiful Yorkies to be accepted by AKC as a color variation, and given the blessings of the AKC, and since that was not going to be done, he had to go/have another registery to register his dogs. He had to register them as a separate breed so they woulkd not be considered "faults" of inferior. They were called Beiwers, but they are Yorkies with a color gene "fault"....(I use the word fault just because that was the reason they could not be registered, AND THEN SHOWN, in the AKC registery/sanctioned events.) Many people want to call these dogs two different breeds, but they are NOT! I personally spoke with Mr.Biewer back in the '90s when I was thinking about purchasing a breeding pair from him and bringing them to Texas....I just was not sure there was a "market" for these Yorkies, and it was going to be VERY expensive to do this, so I did not follow through....they were developed from two traditional Yorkies and because of the "color fault", they could not be registered or shown. But he stressed to me "they ARE purebred Yorkies, out of purebred Yorkies, with a color deviation".
Thank you for your opinion of the history. I have read and heard this as one of the theories among other theories as well since there really is no way to completely fact check this theory. Many believe Mr. Biewer either intentionally bred something else in or his dogs had something else bred in before he got that line. Also some say along the way other breeds were introduced to yorkies and then bred into the Biewer offspring. And these new colors? These Biro's and Golddust coming from the same litter but registered and shown as a separate breed, what about these??
BWRTerrierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!