View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
If you have a vet that looks at a pup and tells the owner that he questions the breeding of the dog because he "is too big to be a Yorkie", I get absolutely livid!!!! THAT statement casts doubt on the honesty and integrity of the breeder, and clearly defines the limited knowledge the vet has on the Yorkie breed!!!! This is soo sad, to put a new owner in question as to what their baby is...or if they got skewed in a purchase of their pet.......totally unethical on the vets position!!!! Now if you take a Yorkie in to the vet, and at 8 weeks old, he weighs 8# and has short hair, a nose like a collie pup, and blue eyes, yes, that is cause to question the breeding!!! But to make a blanket statement and plant seeds of doubt about the breeding of a Yorkie pup, based on nothing but size.....SO WRONG!!!! There are outliers and throw backs and occasionally, you will get one of these outliers! I flag my breeding pair, start indepth research, back as far as 12-15 generations, of the pedigrees to see where that could have possibly come from, and I may not ever breed those two again, since we do NOT want to deliberately breed Yorkies that exceed breed standard of 7 lbs....But I had a buyer have their vet thell them the same crap about that pup they bought was not a Yorkie, but a silkie, from the size of the dog....made me absolutely nuts and we almost went to court over this! This could be slanderous to the breeder! These "vets" that hypothesize such stupidity, based on nothing but the size of the dog, should have to .......I dont know what they should have to do, but do not hold the breeder in suspicion based on such a statement, ....question the professional integrity of the vet that obviously does not have the depth of knowledge about Yorkies, or he would KNOW Yorkies can come in a larger size!!! CLEARLY NOT what we as breeders aim for, but they do happen, and most of us do NOT cull anymore jsut because the pup does not hit the standard dead on. Let me get off this soap box, and go CALM DOWN, like someone on here told me to do last week!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!