View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #71
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmum View Post
Oh Cat...this is very, very strange and unusual

Our police are normally so up on all this...I remember a stray Staffie arrived in our Close, I couldn't bring him in for obvious reasons but kept him in our front porch (enclosed) and rang the police - they were with us within 10 minutes, they were incredibly helpful, 'Ted' was reunited with his owner within hours....

I personally am very unsure and uncertain on why our lady is being treated in this way.... Sally x

Sally, this goes against everything I've ever heard about UK police practices. But, I am unfamiliar with UK police "re-possession" practices, and I wonder if this lady, who may be a puppy miller and from whom I'm thinking from some of her comments, she may have acquired the dogs from, has treated the theft of the dogs as such...a repossession (and money making venture to boot...with the help of the police in a game she was well equipped to play and win...for now, at least.

In the USA, people who "repo" vehicles simply remove the vehicle, call the police and say they repo'd it and to expect a call from the owner reporting it stolen, and that's it....he first caller's word is taken as fact...or that's how it was explained to me.

I am not sure even here how to counteract that process, as it was explained to me by repo agency, police, and bank. If I had a car stolen like that, I would take evidence of non-repo-able status to police, who would likely send me back to the bank to have them file charges, but perhaps, with in-hand evidence, they'd have a second look, too.

I PM'd the lady with some questions and suggestions...too lengthy to post...I can send to you also, if you'd like to critique what I wrote and change/add options, etc.

I sincerely hope she has recourse to get the police involved, since I believe a crime has been committed. We have had similar things happen erer...dogs taken from homes after the doors were kicked in, taken from fenced yards, etc., by "dog rescues" then re-sold in other states in the USA. Here we have "Internal Affairs" to look into unethical internal police practices...if this is what has happened to this lady, maybe she has options not yet explored.

Take care, Sally...[{{Hugs}}}...so sad this is!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!