Thread: House Training?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddmkmacdady View Post
As 4:00 today approaches my questions keep flooding in I have stated previously that we don't want to pad train Brighton, but our forecast for the next 3 days calls for 70-80% rain. What is my best option? Do I put a puppy pad on the back lanai and take her there to potty so she still associates going out the back door and outside to potty, or do I just put a pad down in the house and worry about starting training over the weekend when the weather clears up?
If you really want to stick to outdoor training, put the pad down on the lanai and take her there to potty during the rain--you might also try those artificial grass potty patches if you want to go for realism. I live up north and had to indoor potty pad train Bella because it was too cold to take her outside when I first got her. I don't have any regrets, because her pee is not smelly (I only have to change the pad once a day), and I pick up her poop and take it to the outdoors dumpster right away. Also, she can go to her pad and potty whenever she wants without anyone having to open a door for her. You've got plenty of options and plenty of time to figure it all out.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!