Thread: Sleep deprived
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
njsalvaggio
Yorkie Talker

Sleep Sleep deprived

My little girl is 14 weeks old and I've had her for 10 days. The breeder asked me to have her sleep next to me in a pen in my bedroom when I first brought her home because she is so small (1.7 lb) and was having some hypoglycemia issues. She thought the stress of leaving the litter mates and the new place might be an issue for her. The first 5 or 6 nights she did extremely well. Just whimpered for 10/15 minutes then slept all night until around 7 a.m. Well, that all changed this past Sunday night. She carried on all night off and on and I didn't get more that maybe a couple hours sleep. I decided to move her into her "Puppy Apartment" in the kitchen last night at the other end of my small ranch style home. Had the same issue last night. Even less sleep last night. I've covered the kennel top and part way down the sides with a light weight blanket to shut out possible scary shadows and make it feel more cave like. Also put one of my shirts in with her. Any ideas out there on how long it takes for them to settle down at night? What have been some of your experiences?
njsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!