View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Welcome to Yorkie Talk.

Mixing of Maltese and Yorkies, can result in a wide variety of outcomes as far as coat color, size, etc.; there is no standard at all. I have seen Morkies on here that closely resemble the Yorkie side in color, with more wavy fluffy coat and erect ears, and others that carry the Maltese side with ears down and soft coat.

I have 3 Morkies, one is mostly redish colored, and two sisters that are a creamy apricot color. I also have a pure Yorkie that almost blends in with them except for her silver back.

The coat will change a lot over the first year, even into their second year, so don't worry too much about what you are seeing now. It is a natural process to loose the puppy coat, and over the year you will develop grooming techniques to get the look you like best.

Now.... about the way your spouse acquired him. I have never heard of someone driving 3 hrs. to an abandoned parking lot at 11pm to pay $100 for a dog that was found online. I'm speechless. At the very least, I hope this puppy was not stolen.

Good luck with your vet visit, and dedication to give this pup good food and health care, and the love he deserves.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!