View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Amazing Yorkies
YT Featured Breeder
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default OK Miss Lynzy.. It was a *Crappy* Day!

Warning.. may be a little graphic..
I gave Vinnie his bath for his big shipping day tomorrow, and let him run around for a short time before his Vet check.
Vinnie was outside, so I opened the doggie door, peeked out and called him to come to me, which he ALWAYS does but he didn't. He just stared at me like I was calling anyone but him. I got a little louder and told him to "get over here" which he did. (I know, not exactly obedience training, but he's one of my kids, who are also not real obedient at times).
I slipped him into the crate, and gently put the crate in my new car. Brand new car, with less than 500 miles. We headed out to the Vet for his last Vet check before shipping. So far so good.. Almost immediately he started crying, and barked a time or two. I told him he was OK, a little spoiled, but it would all be over in just a little while.
Well, I found out why he was upset, and why he had been outside. He had to *poop, because about 1/2 way he whined a little and I looked down to see quite a large mess in the crate. I was so afraid he was going to step in it, which is embarrassing to hand a poopy dog over to the Vet, I whipped the car to the side of the road, and opened the crate, which he readily stepped in the mess.
I realize that this is my NEW car, and hadn't put paper towels or wipes in the car yet. I searched my purse for Kleenex.. nothing. Only a rather large Walmart receipt which I thought better of using. So I thought I'd take him out, shake off the crate pad in the weeds to avoid any mess in the car, then put him in a new crate I luckily had not taken out yet and then hurry to the Vet, which now I'm going to be late for.
Well, I shake off the pad, and the wind caught it and yep.. all over the side of my car, my NEW car, my washed and waxed yesterday car. And.. since it was so hot, even the Walmart receipt wouldn't get it off.
During all this, I had been holding him, and evidently when I took him out, he hadn't finished because some had dropped by the car door.. yep right where I could step in it. Now, no more receipts for my shoe, and quite positive I didn't want it in the carpet of yes.. my new car. Weeds worked pretty good. So now, I have a poopy dog, poop all down the side of my car, and poopy shoes. But, Vinnie is in a new crate, and I get back in the car, ready to head to our appointment. Now I am positive when I took Vinnie out of the crate he wasn't finished because between the seats in the cup holder is another little present that must have dropped off as I took him out.
The Vet just laughed at me when I tried to explain the stinky dog, and why I was offering to buy some disinfectant, and a roll of paper towels.
So, have you changed your mind yet Lynzy?? I'm thinking tomorrow may have some challenges, but papertowels, and wipes are already in my freshly rewashed new car.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!