View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #53
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysantiago View Post
Wow. I came here for help and got a little. But got chastised as well. Yes I'm in a bad financial situation right now and yes i have considered giving him to someone to care or him. But now I'm being told to give up ALL my dogs?!?! What kind of help is that?! Would you give your KIDS to Child Protective Services instantly just because you were going through a situation?!! Wow. Should have never came here. No more replies please.
Sadly, everyday....and I see it first hand, many, many, many people place their children with friends, relatives and foster care when they can not financially take care of them. The act of a parent doing this is difficult and to me the most selfless act I've witnessed. Currently there are thousands and thousands of children in this situation, getting care they need.

Child Protective services only removes children when parents are neglectful and or abusive. More times than not it is over neglect, when parents don't know or don't care to ask for help. These stories are far too many and border on criminal.

We here have seen pups everyday die because of people who think it is only "a dog". Too many pups go without necessary care and too many people think they would rather try on their own what only a vet can fix. Rescues and shelters are packed with dogs like this...in addition to abused.

I have been in the situation where I've had to give my pets to someone else because I couldn't care for them and I would do it again. Of course in the grand scheme of things your children and family come first...but at what expense? The needless death of your dog(s)? Your pup is very ill, you are not in a position to help him right now and you have a mom and a litter? Your children will remember what you do right now for the rest of their lives is it best to allow your pup to suffer? Sir in the nicest way possible given the circumstances you;ve described I would consider the compassionate offer from LadyJane, what other choices do you have?

We all want whats best for your pup and given what you've described you may be looking at many different issues with this pup, including parvo. I implore you to do what's best for your pets.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!