View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Matthias
Currently Suspended!

Smile

Natural calming remedy? Not sure of what was recommended to you, but understand that if a baby yorkie is separated from it's mother/siblings too early, those types of problems can/may exist.

This is what I've learned and I have not been wrong yet...

Yorkies are extremely intelligent and can learn lots from repetition. I suggest getting him acclimated to new places first. Get him/her to a new place slowly without humans so they get use to being in new surroundings. I'd do this daily. After a while they get use to being somewhere new without the stressful hardship of the anxiety, etc. After they get use to this, get them where people are, but from a distance... like maybe 30 yards or more away. After a while they get to see humans, but feel some sort of security they are far enough away to not be a harm. Soon you'll see a curiosity in them about those "humans" from a distance. Talk in a calming voice helps.

When you start to see this, get them closer. Each time you go out, get them closer. Soon you'll be right among the people and the baby will get braver and use to seeing the new surroundings and "humans". From there contact can be slowly brought in from strangers. If it were me, I'd do this over a 3 week time period.

Always be close as you're their security!

Matthias
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!