View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
From what I can tell, the part of the avocado that is used to make oil is from a part of the avocado that contains minimal amounts of persin, and is therefore nontoxic to dogs. They even put avocado in some dog foods. Here is an article on the subject:

Ask a vet: If avocados are dangerous for dogs, what's up with avocado dog food? - latimes.com

Since the avocado oil in the product in question (U Tick Me Off) is for external use, I'm sure that your Yorkie is likely to ingest only minimal amounts when it licks its fur, so I wouldn't be worried...
Yeah, this!

Thx for posting tho

I have only used this twice, but it's only for hiking in heavily wooded areas, for a bit of added protection... I'm not too worried, since I'm not using it every day anyway and when I do, I simply mist over his body quickly. I only use the chemicals (advantix) on his back a few times a year as well. If we're not seeing ticks or fleas, I don't see a need.

There's a dog food based off avocados (AvoDerm) so it can't be THAT bad, especially since they're not eating or ingesting it.

Thank you for the info
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!