View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

The keys to success are to restrict freedom to a smallish area with the pad within easy reach, establish keywords and phrases, and praise when your pup gets it right. I blogged about my training experience with tips here: Potty Training Small Dogs - Dog Life and Style

My boys are both pad and outdoor trained. They know that they only have their pads at home, and anywhere else indoors is off limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettefrank View Post
Hi, im in the process in getting my pup to go to the toilet outside he has been brilliant on his pads but if he is outside he will come in to use his pad i asked people on here they said wait he might be a bit young he's 15 week I would not like mine to use his pads as a adult im thinking for mine another couple of weeks try removing the pads when I think he his gonna do anything take him outside we can but try and try
My Max didn't know that outdoor was okay until one day he couldn't hold it on our walk. When he saw how happy I was that he went outside, he wanted to do it every day. Try moving the pad closer and closer to the door, and bring your pup outdoors when you think it is time for him to potty. Stay outside until he does it and then throw a party praising him. Use keywords and phrases to encourage him to potty.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!