View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

I'm going to say something and some people might get mad, but I have to..... AND I do realize that you know you are too blame, but maybe you don't get how serious it can be...

You were told when he was 3 that he'd need a $300 dental. Now he is 7 and you still haven't put any $ away for it? Odds are he'll need teeth pulled etc and it may end up costing you even more. Maybe the other folks can tell whether a dental is a flat fee or if they charge for the amount of work they do. If it is per tooth (pulled) then the longer you wait the more it will cost, the more pain he'll be in, the greater a risk of infection, and you may end up with a toothless dog. That can't be what you want for either of you, so I suggest you look into the care credit that has been mentioned.

I don't know if you smoke, but if you do you could quit (or cut way down) and you'd save up the $ fast! Or if you get coffee or something you can cut that out and make it at home. Get a jar and next time you want to waste a few bucks on something not necessary put it in the jar for him.

Imagine if your dentist said you needed a good cleaning and then you waited 4 years...what condition do you think they'd be in then??? If you haven't taken yourself please check out dental schools in your area for free clinics. And, by the way, nothing you can do at home will really help him, any more than brushing your own teeth is as good as a dental cleaning. I am always amazed at the scraping they do to what I think are my well-cared for teeth!

Good luck.
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!