View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneysmommmy View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. I have a 15 year old pomchi. When I leave food out, he gobbles it up. He's looking better than he has in years! However, this makes it difficult to free feed. I am using Royal Canin for puppies. He loves cheerios. So when he's had a very bad eating day, I usually feed him some to make sure he gets enough calories. I have been concerned about his build since I got him. He is a long, skinny puppy. It is hard to get used to. We had a big ole yorkie before him and he was a healthy eater. He is coming out of the lethargy. So, I hope it is all related to the Comfortis.
I'm sure it was the Comfortis then. Maybe it was too strong a dose for a puppy of that size? My vet prescribed Revolution for puppies, which also treats heartworms and ticks, and Bella was lethargic for a few hours, but not over night. Bella eats Royal Canin for Yorkie puppies and just gobbles it up, but I do understand that Yorkies can be finicky eaters. I agree with the others who say to try to get the puppy off of hand feeding, and don't overfeed with the chicken and carrots.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!