View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneysmommmy View Post
Ok. You all are about to see how obsessive I am about things. My Barney has not gained any significant weight in about 3 weeks. He is 18 weeks old. He's been stuck at 3.9-4.1 pounds depending upon the time of day. My vet said not to worry that he has a light bone structure and he is probably just running off the calories. However, he does not eat very well either. I have to hand feed him most of his food. He received a dose of comfortis yesterday and he has been very lethargic. He is usually running around and attacking anything that moves, but this morning he is just laying in my lap. I am hoping this will wear off as the day goes on, but this is the second time he has had a day like this. Should I be concerned?
Monthly flea treatments like comfortis will definitely make your Yorkie lethargic for a few hours to over night. It should have worn off over night, but so long as he is awake and alert and not vomiting or showing other signs of acute illness, he'll probably be okay. Just keep and eye on him, and if he doesn't perk up over the weekend, take him to the vet on Monday, unless he starts showing acute signs of illness, in which case you should take him in sooner. As far as feeding goes, Yorkies can be picky eaters. What are you feeding him?
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!