View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Mimi had to have her anal glands emptied via finger insertion! Anal gland (1 on the left side) was full (I mentioned earlier that only 1 side came out when I expressed it) & the right side was not full, but it was very pasty.
The vet also said her licking the air was a sign of nausea & Mimi was salivating a little too, so she was prescribed some pepcid. The vet also said they have a laser treatment to heal the irritated anal area & reduce inflammation. It needs to be done twice a week for 2 weeks (or was it 1 week?) & then once a week there after. Ea/treatment is $35 & she said they've had positive results. I passed on this procedure, want to see if she'll be ok & if she doesn't improve, then we'll have to do it...maybe. I'll have to research it as I've never heard of it b4 & don't want to jump into it. Anyone heard about this laser treatment?She's still looking back @ her bum & is acting agitated.

Apparently, Mimi has lost all muscle movement there to release anything on her own...she never scoots, I never saw her do that, she'll let me know that it needs to be expressed by licking there. I guess expressing them from the outside was not good enough. There's no infection from what the vet can see but we did a full blood test & urinalysis just in case. Will have the results tomorrow after 2pm.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes & prayers! Mimi is gonna take a bath tomorrow, they put some stinky perfumey spray on her butt & I had to rinse it off. Will keep you updated on her test results.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!