View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Your little Yorkie is so precious and I know in my heart that he will change your life for the better. Yorkies are just magical little creatures who move in and take over and you love it. Take all the pictures you can and share all of them as this little prince grows up.

No matter what your breeder is saying, most widely-recognized authorities on dog health and wellness, behavior and breeding do recommend that puppies stay with the mother through at least the 12th week, so that during early brain imprinting of fear and other emotions, growth and brain development, they have the calming influence of mom and the comfort of their birth-home to ease them through these early weeks and help their brains learn through her interactions, teachings and direction and not that of strangers in new setting they are unfamiliar with. Changing homes can be very stressful to any dog but you can imagine how tough it is on a baby one. Anything you can do to help a little one through this time with the least stress can benefit the baby - and you in the long run. If the breeder will, keeping that baby a few more weeks could really help him get his best start possible in life.

For those that do bring very young and very tiny dogs home early, be certain that you are aware of the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia and how to treat it as you rush the dog to the ER vet. If you are gone for prolonged periods, be sure that someone checks on the baby during the day just to be on the safe side.

With a name like Louis the Great, it is likely that you think he is going to be one special Yorkie and from his pix, I think you are right. I don't know if you have had a Yorkie before or not, but if not, just sit back and be prepared for a very special pet - a personal dog, one that will give you all of its attention and need a lot of time from you to have its best life. They just love human interaction and involvement - can never be happy just lying about as people live busy lives outside the home so be sure to give little Louis lots of "mommie" time and enjoy every moment that you two have together. Another thing, I swear Yorkies love for you to talk to them. Don't know how much they understand but I'm beginning to believe it's every word!!! The longer I have Tibbe the more he knows what I'm talking about and will get down and go toward what room I'm talking about going to or if I'm talking of going to "work", he starts to snort, etc. So be prepared to talk to Louis and have him understand you in time to some extent. If nothing else, they associate the sounds we say with what we do but boy, they know and will anticipate you. Tibbe loves to get up and down off the couch before me just about the time I'm thinking to going to do something or get something.

If you don't have a doggie ramp or doggie steps, it is good to have one at the couch and bed for your baby to learn how to use to avoid repetitive joint injury from jumping up and down all day for years. There are inexpensive and expensive ones and they all work well to help a small dog stay healthier and safe orthopedically. Yorkies also can have many dental problems so learn all that you can about tooth brushing and a yearly dental cleaning.

That's all I can think of right now but enjoy little Louis the Great. Looking forward to watching this little Aussie grow up!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!