View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Well you definitely can not breed a dog with LP so its good your not doing that. Aren't you bonded with he puppy though after 4 weeks? The only place your probably going to get a good breeding quality dog is to go to a show breeder. You might want to start going to do shows. Even if its a show breeder though you wont know if that pup is of breeding quality until they get older. A good breeder follows the YTCA and there rules. They wont send a puppy home before 12 weeks, they do genetic and health testing on the parents, they know there lines to know that no genetic illnesses or LP is in the lines, they don't have a huge amount of breeding dogs so that when one dog has a littler they have the time to give individual attention to that litter, they don't keep there dogs in out buildings, they don't breed every heat, they do not breed females under 5 pounds, they let you see where the pups are living and both parents, they breed to the standard, and they have a good health guarantee. I'm sure there is something I am forgetting but that is most of it. Also before you breed you need to make sure you have done massive amounts of research and that you have a mentor to help you who has done it before as well has a couple thousand dollars in the bank of emergency c-sections and the medical care the mom and puppies will need.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!