View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
Melina Bea
Yorkie Yakker

Star Meet Louis the Great

Louis (pronounced like Louie) will be joining our home in mid-May. He will be my first dog, I only ever had cats before, so I'm really excited!

He was born on the 19th of March (the picture was taken a week ago, at the 4 week mark) and weighed 160g. He's smaller than his sister - there were only two pups in the litter - but the growth charts I've seen put him at a healthy 6lbs adult weight.

His parents are national show champions, and the breeder has a good reputation for breeding them (champions). This makes me very proud. I don't know why, after all none of that was my doing... and I have no intention of showing him anyway!

Louis is named after King Louis XIV, also known as Louis the Great or the Sun King. He was the king of France for most of the 17th century and transformed life at the court of Versailles so that everything revolved around him. As a history nut, I thought the name would be quite fitting!

So, without further ado... Meet Louis! (He's the one on the left... Please ignore my messy hair)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (191.7 KB, 87 views)
Melina Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!