View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
laura877
Yorkie Talker

Default Luxating patellas

I bought my first puppy, only to ifnd out it had really, really, bad luxating patellas. That was four years ago. Now I wanted to get another that would be breed quality. I go to one breeder that had around 20. Everything was neat and clean, she was more the friendly and helpful. She was more then willing to spend time talking to me and educating me.She had one puppy for 1200. that I was really interested. When she gave me first the mother and then the father, I noticed that the father had a luxating patella on one side. It wasn't bad like my other dog but it was there. I told her I would think abt it and maybe get back.

A couple of weeks later I found another puppy on puppyfind.com that I was interested in and it was close. I went thru the same thing with this big breeders....talked to her aobut her dogs, asked all the right questions, etc. I even mentioned the previous breeder without using her name, and told her of the father with the luxating patella. She said that she never uses dogs like that to breed. I ended up buying a 10 wk old puppy for 1500. Its 4 wks later now and I think both patellas are luxating.

Aren't there any breed quality puppies out there anymore or am I just asking too much for? Should I call the breeder and tell her? Should I expect her to replace the puppy. She knew that I had been so disappointed before and that I was trying to be really careful this time.
laura877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!