View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Starlette
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I’m spending the night over at my parent’s house tomorrow night since Julie and Mom’s shih tzu, Tori, are going in at the same time (Tori has had three “accidental” pregnancies complements of I believe her son/brother, Pablo which is the reason for Tori being spayed). Luckily, the vet’s office is a hop, skip and jump from their house. I’ve been thinking of spending one more night at their house so I don’t have to jostle her around in the car that day. Am I being overly cautious?

Soft recovery collar – Does the vet provide this or should I go to Petco to purchase one? On the norm, I’ve noticed Julie is pretty much not an incessant licker.

Activity: This is probably a very stupid question that I should already know, but I don’t. How active should she be/not be for the next week? I figure for the first couple of days, she will pretty much want to lay low. After the first couple of days, I don’t know what to expect from her. Or maybe this is another “talk to your vet” situation.

I especially like the idea of “baby onesies”. I could get a few of those at Walmart.

Get busy (potty/poop) – Not an issue when she is healthy. Under the circumstances, how have you handled this? When it’s time for Julie and Sabu to get busy, I carry Julie to the door that’s connected to the garage. It has only one step that I know she can handle it. At almost 18 weeks (this Saturday), she is still not confident of going down the stairs (very confident going up the stairs) on her own because around a week or two after she came home, she tumbled down about three stairs. I’d think that it is OK to continue carrying her outdoors like I normally have.

Sabu – It may be wise to kennel Sabu for at least two days while Julie is recovering. So, she has room for peace and quiet.

MandiesMom:
“While Julie is at the Vet, keep yourself super busy!!”
My parents’ and I will “together” keep busy. This is a great idea.
“And, you call that vet for updates as often as you want.”
Another great idea. I’d be one of those thinking, “I really shouldn’t bother them.”

For sure, I’ll be making a copy of this thread before I leave the house. It’ll make it easier to remember the recommendations that were given to me.

Thank you VERY much.
“Nervous” Starlette
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!