View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #15
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sis View Post
Ok..I am having health issue with one of my dogs..the issue is kidneys. I did join this site and the mods are wonderful!!! But Linda is right in that it is a lot a LOT of information being thrown at you. So far I see all related to kidney. I made a new email addy so it is all going to one address and I then can sort through it, otherwise it would be over whelming and I get over whelmed very easy.

On the site there are files that have recipes and such.. but please be careful until you know what you are doing (I am saying that to me more than you)

This is excellent advise!!!! I have been homecooking and using the balance it recipes. You can get a free recipe and even a special generated recipe for $50.00. Once you fill out the information they will fax a permission request to your vet. OOp sorry.. just realized I was repeating Cathy...but you can see how happy I am with this vet and this site.

There is another vet..Cathy said it also.. that is a lot more. I think I will do that as soon as I get over the hump and am a little more stable emotionally. I also have spent some large vet bills and will keep doing it but trying to choose what is best for now.

BTW.. have you applied for care credit? I have, havent used it yet, but just knowing its there helps me feel a little calmer!

Good luck
You are wise to be wary of the recipes on that yahoo group. No clue who has written them and I have not seen them, but I would think many or all are written by lay people. Honestly, I do not think a vet nutritionist would ever release a diet like that because they need to know more about the pup prior to doing a diet for one. I don't know who wrote them but if they did not take into account the size of the dog and body condition, I would run away.

That's just me...I like to know that not only am I giving the right foods for my pups...but also the correct amounts of each and also the total so that he/she is helped to gain and/or maintain proper body size and condition.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!