View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #13
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
OK...my wording above is weird...and it was too late to edit.

What I am trying to say is that while lymphangectasia IS a PLE, they say their focus is on kidneys. PLN IS a PLE, so I think that is what they meant. They don't mention anything about lymphangectasia. While I am sure they would be welcoming to someone, I really don't think that the focus would be what the OP is looking for.

I did a search on the web and there are a couple of forums out there that discuss lymphangectasia. Might try to google search yourself op...I don't think YT rules allow us to post other forums.
Ok..I am having health issue with one of my dogs..the issue is kidneys. I did join this site and the mods are wonderful!!! But Linda is right in that it is a lot a LOT of information being thrown at you. So far I see all related to kidney. I made a new email addy so it is all going to one address and I then can sort through it, otherwise it would be over whelming and I get over whelmed very easy.

On the site there are files that have recipes and such.. but please be careful until you know what you are doing (I am saying that to me more than you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
The other thing you can do is visit the Balace It website free recipe generator. You can select the condition your dog has (fat intolerant, lymphangiectasia). The nutritionist at BI will get approval from your veterinarian and once your vet approves it you will have a customized home cooked diet for YOUR dog and you simply purchase the balance it supplement. This is not like a consult with a vet nutritionist but if you can't afford a consult ($250 approx) then this is another option. The website is https://secure.balanceit.com/tools/r...tor/index.php?
This is excellent advise!!!! I have been homecooking and using the balance it recipes. You can get a free recipe and even a special generated recipe for $50.00. Once you fill out the information they will fax a permission request to your vet. OOp sorry.. just realized I was repeating Cathy...but you can see how happy I am with this vet and this site.

There is another vet..Cathy said it also.. that is a lot more. I think I will do that as soon as I get over the hump and am a little more stable emotionally. I also have spent some large vet bills and will keep doing it but trying to choose what is best for now.

BTW.. have you applied for care credit? I have, havent used it yet, but just knowing its there helps me feel a little calmer!

Good luck
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!