View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Joining a kidney group is going to be futile in my opinion if your pup has lymphangectasia...as it has to do with the intestines, not the kidneys. I am not aware of any lymphangectasia groups on yahoo but there could be some. You might want to search for one.

Does your vet have Bo on any meds at all? Diet is very important, but so are medications. Cookie was on antibiotics and prednisone at first...she remains on prednisone and will for the rest of her life. She takes a low dose every other day.

Lymphangectasia is difficult to get under control if you cannot get a pup to eat. That is one of the biggest challenges. There is a medication that can help with his appetite and that is mirtazapine. If you have not tried it, I would highly suggest you discuss it with your vet.

As for diet....Royal Canin L/F .. that is their gastrointestinal diet was the first suggested to me. I opted to home cook but that food was highly recommended.

I will keep Bo and you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry he is feeling so badly.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!