View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msitarski View Post
No I am not using clippers on her, I leave that to the groomed. I just brush her every day and bath her once a week. I have been brushing her almost every day since we got her. She seems to be getting worse instead of better. I have been working on the sit, stay, down commands, she is so stubborn will only sit if I have a treat in hand. Also she will NOT come unless a treat is the reward. As soon as the door opens she darts out and will not return, I have chased her around the neighborhood countless times. I am so scared that she will get lost. I am at my wits end with her. I have had many other dogs and they were much easier to train.
It may be the type of tools that you are using. Their hair is normally very thin and if you use the wrong tools it can be painful.

What do you use to groom her?

Oh my I would be scared to death that she will get hurt when she get out! Please be careful.... in a cense by you chasing her you have made it into a game for her. It like yay door open means run and play time. The worse thing you can do is to chase them. god forbid what if you chase them right in front of a moving car. That is why training is so so important.

You may want to try some leash / umbilical cord training with her. It will help in so many ways. You will have much more control of her when training her plus it will help if you leash her before you open the door and make sure she is sitting back away from the door before you open it. You can use the treat to bribe her into doing what you want but dont treat her until she has done it several times. Just knowing that you have it in your hand is helpful.

If you look on my site I also have some tips on training, including the leash training that may be helpful.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!