View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normarae63 View Post
I think you've got my mouth watering!
It sounds delicious...I love salmon. What time should we all be there sunday?! *giggling*
If you come Sunday you are going to miss it! We are having our meal for the family and two close friends on the Saturday. We are all going over to my Italian friends place on Sunday - for Easter Sunday dinner

All dog folks - so we bring our dogs to each other homes Great fun, of course the dogs all train together too. Best is everyone has extra crates at home so we don't need to lug extra crates when we visit. Everyone has playpens for the Yorkies, and extra big crates for the Blackies.

We let the Yorkies tear around together. Then they go to play pens, and the big ones come out. Just depends on how many dogs we have. Magic usually gets to stay out with all the Yorkies as he is very good with the wee ones. Shtorm is too, but we only let Shtorm and Magic out together when we BBQ outside. That way they can give each other space. WE don't let the un-neutered males out with the females - unless the females are of their household.

So basically it sounds complicated but it isn't. One large stud out, with not in season females of any pack. Then one goes back into crate, the other one comes out, and we just rotate. Sometimes we need to put a young female Blackie away when the Yorkies come out, cause it would just be too much temptation for her prey drive. And sometimes females of certain different households don't play well together either. But hey we are all close friends and we work it out.

All dogs except maybe one are crated when we eat, so we can focus on our food enjoyment. Then after dinner, a nice pack walk for all.

I am so looking forward to BBQ weather.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!