View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default No meat eater over for Easter Supper

Okay here is what I thought I'd do. I have a lamb roast already ordered from the butcher. I was planning an asparagus souffle, roasted baby carrots, and parisienne potatoes - maybe if I have time Potatoes Dauphonoise. Lemon cake for dessert/plus chocolate profiteroles. The chocolate dessert is a man eater of time. But I could do the chocolate dessert - start it Thursday, finish it Friday, do the lemon cake Sat. The problem is........

Oh yes the appetizer was going to be a fresh fruit medley - with tartish salad ingredients - drizzled with some very fine olive oil - and a soupcon of raspberry vinergarette.

I just found out that a good friend who is coming to dinner doesn't eat meat but still eats fish. So I thought I'd roast some salmon in the oven with some fresh rosemary and tarragon. I think those veges will go well with the salmon; or maybe I should buy a white fish and poach it in a white wine vinegar concotion.

What do you think? Just wondering if I should go with a white fish or the salmon? I could also broil a lobster tail - if that would go better with the whole meal.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!